Saturday, June 2, 2007

Biker

I went out on the motorcycle with my dad for the first time today. The back roads here are perfect for bike rides, winding through towns and over streams. We passed Hudsonfest, which featured a cow milking contest with a cardboard cow. We passed an enormous mowed lawn-- no house, just a lawn up a big hill-- and at the top of the hill were two lawn chairs. We paused at a dam that stops the Nashua River, and finally at this biker store/coffee bar for coffee and serious biker talk.
It was a beautiful ride. I was a lot more comfortable than I thought I would be, decked out in my dad's leather jacket and his extra helmet. I really enjoyed the ride. If you're in the area and want to trace our path, here's our route:

6 comments:

Peggy said...

Looking forward to hearing all about your "adventures", Katie. I'll add Luke to our prayer list.

Jill said...

Your blog is beautiful, and it makes me want to go places!

Tim said...

Katie, we're excited about your blog. Be sure to post some pictures of Ellie; Faith always enjoys, with a great intensity, seeing her friend. And we always get a laugh at this.

The Baileys

Kelly said...

katie - love your blog!! it's always good to hear what's going on with people.

Jennifer said...

Yay! I'm so glad to see your new blog!

Unknown said...

Hey Katie! I am so glad you have a blog. It will be a good way to keep up with you this summer.
PS- Anna still talks about Ellie!