Monday, September 10, 2007

I Tri'd-- And Finished!



I completed a sprint triathlon this weekend! It was a 1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile run in Hopkington, MA. I was really nervous, but the people there were all very friendly and I started out with a group of women who were all either older or also brand-new to triathlons. I felt really strong on the swim, got passed by many people during the bike (as expected), and ran at about a ten minute mile pace, which was pretty good for me. Most importantly, I crossed the finish line! My mom came with Ellie to cheer me on. The race sponsors gave out cowbells, which Ellie (and all of the other kids there) enjoyed ringing for us. It was a great experience, and really satisfying to achieve a goal I set for myself while Luke was away. I think I might do another one... after the soreness goes away.





3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment! And what a great cheerleader you had!

Unknown said...

Great job! Ellie looks absolutely adorable holding her sign!

Mrs. Overbeek said...

That's so AWESOME! Brent was just saying he's looking for a training buddy. Maybe you'll be ready by the time you get back!
Good for you!!!