Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Nesting for Non-Cleaners

I've always heard that mommas get this overwhelming urge to clean in the weeks before their babies are born. I have yet to experience that. I have an overwhelming urge to have my house be clean, but I don't think that's the same thing. I do have a strong urge to make stuff, which is how I spent naptime/rest time/kids watch a movie time yesterday. (And for the record, I went to Joann fabrics and walked out with only $3.13 worth of elastic to finish these projects. No new fabric!)

Here's the car seat cover for New England winters:


Baby mittens from the car seat cover scraps:



And a baby hat I crocheted last week for a friend's shower. It was probably the only thing I've ever started and finished during a single naptime:



It's not exactly scrubbing the baseboards or cleaning the light fixtures, but...

No comments: