Monday, June 9, 2008

Two Years

It's hard to believe that just two years ago today, our Ellie was born. I was so excited and nervous. Many of the days that followed are a blur, but I will never forget when the nurse brought Ellie to me so I could see her. I will never forget holding her for the first time, how she fit so perfectly in my arms and how she seemed so small. She was bigger than most of the other babies in the nursery, but the tiny diapers she wore seemed enormous. Her little cry was a tiny, newborn cry, but grabbed my attention immediately, every time.

It was less than a week before I started to forget what life was like before she was born. Now, two years later, it's hard to remember what life was like before she walked, before she talked, before she carried on phone conversations with her grandparents or built block towers or laughed at Sandra Boyton books. But when I try, I can always remember the day she was born.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Happy Birthday, Ellie!
With Love from the Baileys