Tuesday, May 6, 2008

In Case You Thought She Wasn't Paying Attention...

Ellie and I have been reading a little Anne of Green Gables at night before bedtime. She's allowed to play quietly or look at books while I read, so I'm never sure if she's really listening or not.

Right now we're in the middle of the most memorable chapter for me, the one where Anne first meets Gilbert Blythe and he pulls her hair and calls her Carrots.

Sometimes Ellie wants to take the book and read. Normally, she flips through the pages and when I ask her to read it to me, she says, "Anne. Anne." Tonight, she said, "Anne. Anne." And then signed CARROTS.

Now it's even more memorable.

3 comments:

Jill said...

So great for Ellie to make Anne's acquaintance early.

Thanks for your help when we were watching the 'beek kids. It was fun being your neighbor!

Katie L said...

I think maybe she'll find Anne to be a bosom friend.

It was fun having you as a neighbor! Maybe we can do it again sometime!

boqpod said...

Signing is great for kids! I'm so glad we taught Abigail.

And we all need some SIGN that we're connecting/communicating with other human beings! That our words & actions are registering with someone!

Ellie is very fortunate to have you guys for parents!