Monday, July 30, 2007

Key West

Key West was beautiful. We spent our time swimming, playing volleyball on the beach, and (of course) reading Harry Potter. After the first two days, my mom, my sister, and I had to read other things to fill the Harry-shaped hole, but I think we're recovering well now.
Ellie had a blast in the pool with Grammy and Grandpa. She's getting so brave in the water! My dad supports her belly with his hand, and she kicks her legs and splashes with her hands while he moves her closer to her goal (usually, a yellow ball we brought to the pool with us).
We went for lots of walks and saw all kinds of birds and the iguana who lived nearby. On my birthday, I went snorkeling with my brother Frankie and his girlfriend Kori. It was so much fun!
We flew back to Boston Saturday night. Our flight was supposed to leave at 7:30, but was delayed until 10:50. Thankfully, they changed it back to 8:00, so we were back in "our own beds" in our home away from home by midnight. It was a great trip!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

sounds like a great time! i really miss the beach.

Jill said...

We're also in recovery from H.P. Prayed for y'all the other day when we were eating at the NY deli.